[Haskell-cafe] Future of FPComplete Haskell Center (IDE)

Thomas Bereknyei tomberek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 18:58:47 UTC 2015

FPComplete is deprecating Haskell Center and removing support for their
hosted IDE at the end of the year. I enjoy using the IDE in many situations
and would like to have a similar capability available to the community. I
know several people have expressed interest in helping maintain a version
that can go on.

Michael Snoyman has stated that there are some issues with the existing
codebase and that there are many things that can/should be improved. There
are some limitations due to NDA, but I believe FPComplete would be willing
to hand over much of the codebase.

I intend this thread to bring together those people interested in helping
with this effort in any way. Personally, I would be willing to provide
limited hosting and some development support. My goals would be to upgrade
support to 8.x GHC, latest Stackage - LTS and create a path for people to
self-host the IDE.

-Tom Bereknyei