[Haskell-cafe] Support for library improvement

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 8 17:05:24 UTC 2015

On Oct 8, 2015, at 9:55 AM, Ben Gamari <ben at smart-cactus.org> wrote:

>  With a few changes to our treatment of warnings
> and some new pragmas (aimed at library authors), we can greatly reduce
> the impact that library interface changes have on users.

My loose following of the interweaved threads has led me to this same conclusion. Have you paid close enough attention to list exactly what these changes should be? I have not. But I'd love to find a general solution to the migration problem so that we can continue to tinker with our beloved language without fear of flames burning down the house.

Richard