[Haskell-cafe] Monad of no `return` Proposal (MRP): Moving `return` out of `Monad`

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Oct 8 08:21:25 UTC 2015

José Manuel Calderón Trilla <jmct at jmct.cc> writes:

> Many of us here learned from those texts or those courses. It's easy online
> to say that materials being out of date isn't a big deal, but it can turn
> people off the language when the code they paste into ghci doesn't
> work.

FWIW, I am a newbie, and currently learning a lot from the web.
I've had a different feeling.  Whenever I read something like "This is
historical, and should have been fixed, but isn't yet", it were these
sentences that almost turned me off the language, because I had a
feeling that there is some stagnation going on.

>From the POV of a newbie, I am all for fixing historical hickups.
However, I realize that I have different priorities compared to
long-time users and people needing to maintain a lot of existing code.

Just my 0.01€

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕