[Haskell-cafe] Monad of no `return` Proposal (MRP): Moving `return` out of `Monad`

amindfv at gmail.com amindfv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 01:20:40 UTC 2015

IMO, the "tech debt" you're talking about feels very small. We've already made the change that return = pure by default. The historical baggage that this proposal cleans up is just the fact that legacy code is able to define its own "return" without breaking (which must be the same as the definition of pure anyway).
     I am also moving from +0.5 to +0 on this.

Tom