[Haskell-cafe] 7.10.2 : Compilation slowdown.

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:51:28 UTC 2015

I unfortunately don't have time to pare it down to a small example, but
fortunately I found that the latest HList on Hackage exhibits the same
approximate behavior.

When building the tests for HList-0.4.1.0, on 7.10.2 the module
`Properties.LengthDependentSplice` (
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HList-0.4.1.0/src/examples/Properties/LengthDependentSplice.hs)
takes 2m30secs to compile. The same file takes ~50secs on 7.8.4.

Thanks!
-deech