[Haskell-cafe] Darcs vs Git

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Nov 15 15:46:16 UTC 2015

Am 15.11.2015 um 16:01 schrieb Bardur Arantsson:
> On 11/15/2015 03:53 PM, Mike Meyer wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 12:40 AM Bardur Arantsson <spam at scientician.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I agree, it's critical to have a tool that adopts to your workflow, but
>> it's also important that other people don't break your workflow, because
>> like languages the claim of "if you don't like it, just don't use it" is
>> bullshit.

It's bullshit in a codebase.
Doesn't mean it's bullshit everywhere else. You'll need to name a
concrete problem to drive that specific point home.

 >> So while mercurial has "rebase" so you can use it if you need it,
>> it's disabled by default and flagged as being for expert use, not something
>> that's part of the daily workflow.
>
> I think I can the number of times my workflow has been "broken" by
> others rebasing on approximately zero hands :).
>
> It just isn't an issue in practice. (Maybe I've just been lucky, who knows?)

I guess I was lucky, too :-)

It can affect code reviews. OTOH that's something that reviewer and
submitter can agree to without affecting other people's work.

Regards,
Jo