[Haskell-cafe] Where did these threads come from?

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Fri Nov 13 15:14:25 UTC 2015

What idle GC does for you is tries to make you take the latency hit for
garbage collection when your program is not CPU-bound, rather than doing it
when you hit an arbitrary allocation threshold (probably during request
processing when you're actually doing work). So in that case it's a good
thing, yes --- but for yours I'd probably turn it off too. Other tweaks you
can try include tweaking the RTS gc settings if you haven't already,
especially increasing -A.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 3:50 AM, David Turner <dct25-561bs at mythic-beasts.com

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>