[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] SBV 5.4 is out

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 03:03:34 UTC 2015

I'm happy to announce a new release (v5.4) of SBV: SMT Based Verification.
See: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sbv

New in this release is the 'sAssert' function, which allows
boolean-assertions to be sprinkled in symbolic code, which can then be
statically discharged (or shown violating assignments for) using the 'safe'
function. See:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sbv-5.4/docs/Data-SBV.html#g:39

A slightly larger example checks for lack-of-division-by-0 in a simple
program:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sbv-5.4/docs/Data-SBV-Examples-Misc-NoDiv0.html

Further documentation on SBV is available at:
http://leventerkok.github.io/sbv/

Calls to sAssert calls are also preserved in the SBV->C compilation path.
This feature is rather experimental and , and I'd love to hear if you give
it a try and see any gotchas..

Happy proving.

-Levent.

PS. Thanks to Brett Letner for suggesting this functionality.