[Haskell-cafe] Where io-streams won't fit, comparing to conduit or pipes

Daisuke Fujimura me at fujimuradaisuke.com
Thu Nov 5 16:33:49 UTC 2015

Hello cafe,

Now I'm preparing a presentatio for meetup for stream processing in
functional programming(in Tokyo), and my part is something like "why stream
processing library".

While preparing material, I encountered the question that why io-streams is
so simple comparing others, and the reason and downsides behind its
simplicity. I'm guessing it's due to its resource handling strategy, but
not so confident about it because I couldn't came up with a concrete
example yet.

Do you know any good example where io-streams won't fit? Let me know if you
have.

Thanks!