[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Engineer Needed for Machine Learning Group

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Tue Nov 3 10:19:06 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 03:55 PM, Charles Weitzer wrote:
> What are you talking about?  We have in the past and continue to post to
> this ML.  We have interviewed people from this list and have flown them
> in from around the world to interview onsite.  We have one of the top
> contributors to the Haskell language onsite working for us fulltime.
> Please stop guessing about our motives.  We are one of the top machine
> learning groups in the world.  We need great people, both researchers
> and programmers, to come help us grow our company.  We have found that
> people with extensive experience and expertise in Haskell tend to be
> very good at doing what we need done.

You ask to stop guessing about your motives, and at the same time you
indirectly confirm that the guess was 100% correct.

People generally expect job ads posted here be about Haskell jobs, not
about unrelated jobs for which you find Haskell a good selection criterion.

So either make your ads open and honest about how the job relates to
Haskell, or stop posting here. Your response quoted above (amounting to
"this works for *us*, and we don't care what *you* think") is not a
great way to build a relationship with the community.

Roman