[Haskell-cafe] Status of Acid-State and IxSet

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Fri May 29 16:52:43 UTC 2015

Hello,

acid-state is still alive and kicking (and better be since hackage uses
it). In fact, there is a GSoC project to add replication support this
summer I believe.

ixset is still supported. We submitted a patch upstream to syb-with-class
but have not heard back. Our patched version is here:

https://github.com/seereason/syb-with-class

Nix patches syb-with-class by default -- which is nice ;)

If you do not have legacy code to support, I highly recommend checking out
ixset-typed. It is very much like ixset -- but does a better job catching
errors though the type system. IxSet is a little too loose with the types
for no real reason resulting in avoidable runtime errors.

- jeremy