[Haskell-cafe] Any recommendations on how to interact with the running state of a program?

Anatoly Yakovenko aeyakovenko at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:48:16 UTC 2015

Cool, thanks.
But the ChangeHandler would still be modifying some mutable state that some
other thread is referencing while it's running. That would still be via an
IORef?
I guess this is a similar problem as having a play/pause/skip controls to a
video player. Is the interface between the "running" thread and the user
triggered events an IORef? Or is there some other way to wrap that.
Thanks,
Anatoly