[Haskell-cafe] Increasing parallelism in a frequency counter

Andreas Pauley apauley at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:08:01 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I've started playing with some parallel programming in Haskell, mostly
by applying the first few examples from Simon Marlow's book to my own
toy problem:
https://github.com/apauley/parallel-frequency

I'm quite pleased with the speedup I have so far, the fastest parallel
implementation is just over twice as fast as its sequential
counterpart.

But looking at the threadscope images from the generated event logs I
can see that there are still significant portions of my program that
runs on only one core.

Is anyone interested to see if we can increase the parallelism in this
frequency counter?

Kind regards,
Andreas

--