[Haskell-cafe] NoOO languages

Aaron Levin vilevin at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:48:39 UTC 2015

Marketing is rarely about truth. While you are correct that "Reactive"
programming is not specific to Functional Programming, I believe it is
being conflated with it by industry and non-FPers.

Anyway, it was just a comment / observation I've had. As Ben said, we
should steer clear of anything "Nooooooooooooo" related.

Marketing is hard. People are confusing. Sloganeering is an art. NoOO is
doomed to produce too many memes. NotOnlyOO makes me think of YOLO for some
reason.

Best,

Aaron Levin

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Bardur Arantsson <spam at scientician.net>
wrote:

> On 05/20/2015 04:17 PM, Alois Cochard wrote:
> > Well, I'm not sure to see how the "Reactive" marketing campaign would
> > related to one about NoOO.
> >
> > If you look at akka source code (or even usage example), it's imo very
> far
> > from the values you can read on the manifesto linked by Lars.
> >

> I think it's akka-streams[1] that's supposed to be following the
> Reactive hype-train.
>
> [1] Which is currently at 1.0-RC2, I think.
>
> Regards,

Aaron Levin / Weird Canada
www.aaronlevin.ca / www.weirdcanada.com