[Haskell-cafe] trying to go from FFT type to Vector.Storable

briand at aracnet.com briand at aracnet.com
Fri May 15 05:32:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, 14 May 2015 02:31:55 -0400
Leza Morais Lutonda <leza.ml at fecrd.cujae.edu.cu> wrote:

> arrayToVector = V.fromList . elems

Success.

  arrayToVector :: FFTWReal r => CArray Int (Complex r) -> V.Vector (Complex r)

is the correct type declaration.

It seems that I am too eager to assign Double to places where `r` would work, and it's entirely due to an obviously glaring whole in my understanding of type classes. I kind of thought i understood them, but i obviously don't, no I need to go figure that out.

I also need to spend time to understand exactly how that type declaration solved the error messages.

Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it !

Brian