[Haskell-cafe] Start GHCI with a static library

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Wed May 13 03:42:32 UTC 2015

adityah,
if the library is cabalized, do cabal configure
--extra-lib-dirs=$PATHtoArchive  and assuming you have the right foreign
import code, things should work fine. (or the equivalient .cabal file extra
lib dirs field with can be a relative path within the package). then cabal
repl should also presumably work. if you then wanna use ghci directly, try
invoking cabal repl with the verbose flag (-v) to see how its setting up
ghci.

if your ffi bindings dont work in cabal repl, thats probably valid a bug
report.  (at least on some platforms)