[Haskell-cafe] RFC: "Native -XCPP" Proposal

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Wed May 6 14:21:02 UTC 2015

On 06-05-2015 15:05, Alan & Kim Zimmerman wrote:
> Perhaps it makes sense to scan hackage to find all the different CPP idioms
> that are actually used in Haskell code, if it is a small/well-defined set
> it may be worth writing a simple custom preprocessor.

+1, I'll wager that the vast majority of usages are just for version
range checks.

If there are packages that require more, they could just keep using the
system-cpp or, I, guess cpphs if it gets baked into GHC. Like you, I'd
want to see real evidence that that's actually worth the
effort/complication.

Regards,