[Haskell-cafe] finding things on haskell.org

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:09:09 UTC 2015

Site search is a good idea, and we’ve talked about it, but haven’t gotten around to it, perhaps because we’ve let the idea of a “fancy” site-search (tied into haddocks, etc) get in the way of an “adequate” one — just using google’s site-specific embeddable search box. It might be worthwhile to have even the basic one, which is the one that is at all likely to happen. And in fact, one of the arguments against doing anything ourselves is “google will be better” — so then, we may as well embed google to make the use of this better thing easier.

The ticket discussing these issues is here: https://github.com/haskell-infra/hl/issues/79

—Gershom