[Haskell-cafe] Is it possible for cabal sandboxes to use $HOME/.cabal/lib?

Aldo Davide aldodavide at gmx.com
Mon Mar 30 04:05:59 UTC 2015

Hi all,

There are some packages that I use again and again and I would like to install them once (but not in a system-wide location) and then have cabal sandboxes use that install, instead of installing them in every sandbox, which is time consuming. Is there a way do that? For example, I noticed that cabal, when operating inside a sandbox, can still find the packages installed system-wide, but not the ones in $HOME/.cabal/lib. Can I change that?

Thanks