[Haskell-cafe] time and TimeLocale compatibility

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2013 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 10:32:47 UTC 2015

Thanks Alberto.

It's disappointing if CPP is the only way to handle this transation.
However, if this is indeed the case it would be better to do it once and for
all (i.e.  abstract this process into a resuable component) rather than
force every package maintainer to do it on an individual level.  Thus I have
created the following time14-compat package providing Data.Time.Compat that
can be used from both 1.4 and 1.5:

    https://github.com/tomjaguarpaw/haskell-time14-compat

Comments welcome.  I haven't tested it particularly thoroughly, but it is
rather simple.  I'll stick it up on Hackage once enough eyeballs have
sanity-checked it.

Tom