[Haskell-cafe] Additional functionality using cabal configure flags

Sumit Sahrawat, Maths & Computing, IIT (BHU) sumit.sahrawat.apm13 at iitbhu.ac.in
Thu Mar 12 21:43:22 UTC 2015

Hi Konstantine, thanks for the reply

I decide to use flags, but then the trouble is that I will need some
mechanism to flag parts of the code, possibly using the CPP extension.
I wanted to know whether there is a better way. Also, does CPP allow
checking cabal configure flags? The user-guide did not mention such
usecases.

On 13 March 2015 at 02:23, Konstantine Rybnikov <k-bx at k-bx.com> wrote:

> Hi Sumit,
>
> Documentation clearly mentions it is related to API, so don't worry with
> executable and feel free to use the flags (still, depending on what are you
> doing, flags might not be the best solution).
> 12 бер. 2015 18:40, користувач "Sumit Sahrawat, Maths & Computing, IIT
> (BHU)" <sumit.sahrawat.apm13 at iitbhu.ac.in> написав:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I am looking for the correct way to provide additional functionality
>> using cabal configure flags.
>> Even though the developer faq [1] says that it is not recommended, I
>> don't see any downsides for an executable package.
>>
>> Is it 'not recommended' even for executable packages? If not, then how
>> can I do it?
>>
>> [1]: https://wiki.haskell.org/Cabal/Developer-FAQ
>>
>> --
>> Regards