[Haskell-cafe] raspberrypi and ghci

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Sun Mar 8 16:43:48 UTC 2015

"Vasili I. Galchin" <vigalchin at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a B++ pi. I did a "apt-get install haskell-platform. No "
> ghci"!. So I did a google on this issue. Circa 2013 ghci seemed to be
> an issue with raspberrypi/arm. What is the current status of "ghci" on
> the pi/arm??.

With dynamic linking and the LLVM backend GHC 7.8 is quite usable on
ARM. Unfortunately, much of the distributions' packaging hasn't been
updated to reflect this. Debian builds in experimental (starting with
7.8.20141119-8) now build GHCi on ARM; it may take a while for this to
propagate to Raspbian. When I have more bandwidth I'll see if we might
be able to start providing some unofficial Debian builds for ARM
platforms.

Cheers,

- Ben