[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Shorter Import Syntax

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 07:23:15 UTC 2015

Can we please have a page on https://wiki.haskell.org/ describing the
proposal (including its detailed semantics), the various counter-proposals
(2? 3? I lost track to be honest), the various concerns/issues/...,
pros/cons etc. ? Email threads are very bad for longer-running discussions,
and even the trac ticket has already degenerated a bit into an email
thread. I think by now it's very clear that more detailed discussion is
needed, just counting some +1 and -1 doesn't lead us anywhere. (Language
design by voting is often a terrible idea, BTW, this has been demonstrated
by history many times...)