[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Shorter Import Syntax

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:20:37 UTC 2015

On 7 June 2015 at 08:21, Sven Panne <svenpanne at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's exactly what I'm asking for: A new {-# LANGUAGE FunkyImports #-}
> pragma (name to be decided ;-), which must be mentioned in a cabal file's
> "extension:" field
> (https://www.haskell.org/cabal/users-guide/developing-packages.html#creating-a-package).
> Failing to mention a language extension is just as wrong as declaring wrong
> bounds.

I was under the impression that the "extension:" fields were only used
for extensions that were used by every module in the package.  From
that link:

    Extensions used only by one module may be specified by placing a
LANGUAGE pragma in the source file affected,

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com