[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Shorter Import Syntax

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:53:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-03 at 13:15 -0400, Anthony Cowley wrote:
> I'll try to summarize the two negative votes: 1) This isn't that big a
> burden, and we should instead focus on controlled export of class
> instances; and 2) We should instead focus on exporting name spaces,
> and that the ordering of parentheses and the "as" keyword is too close
> to the existing "import Foo as F(foo)" syntax.

Hello,

You counted me as -1, but I'm not against the proposal. I just expressed
my concerns in the my comment on Trac.

Actually I'd prefer "import Foo as F(foo)" to import "foo" qualified.
Too often I write such import by mistake (missing "qualified"), and get
compilation error later. Unfortunately it will break code.

Thanks,
Yuras.