[Haskell-cafe] I think someone had a complicated program to use brackets for array indexing - is it possible to use a DSL for this?

KC kc1956 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:00:33 UTC 2015

On Jun 1, 2015 5:52 PM, "Tikhon Jelvis" <tikhon at jelv.is> wrote:
If you teach them about how operators are normal functions in Haskell,
using an operator to index into an array makes the indexing operation less
magical—a big pedagogical boon, in my view. The fewer special cases in the
language you're teaching, the better, and looking similar to other
languages is not a good reason for a special case.

Especially since the similarity could be misleading!)

Good point (s)

Sent from an expensive device which will be obsolete in a few months! :D

Casey