[Haskell-cafe] Best way to return Bool based on a successful pattern match?

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Mon Jul 13 13:04:50 UTC 2015

Yes, for standard data types like Either or Maybe the best way is to use
library-defined functions -- I was more interested in a way to check for
any given pattern, which would look nicer than a custom defined function
or a LambdaCase. An example use case:

partition (\case MyPat -> True; _ -> False)

Anyway using lens for this is already very readable and concise, albeit
needs makePrisms/Lens and stuff.

--
Nikolay.