[Haskell-cafe] List-based ini parser?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Jul 4 16:33:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 11:26:03PM +0000, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Ok,I've looked at the packages google and hackage found (ini, hsini &
> ConfigFile), and can't use any of them for dealing with the ini files I'm
> being handed.
>
> The problem is they all parse the config file into Maps, and that doesn't
> seem to be an option. I need lists, because I have multiple sections with
> the same name that turn into a list of objects, as well as sections that
> can have multiple options with the same name that turn into multiple
> objects.
>
> Any chance I overlooked a parser? Or maybe some parsing options in
> ConfigFile?
>
> Any other advice on a library to do this?

As the author of `hsini` I wouldn't mind if you created a bug report,
explain the format you have (ideally you attach an example).

Of course I can't promise any ETA, or even that it'll ever be done
(you know how it's with FLOSS).

I've pretty much used the "standard" described in the [INI article on
Wikpedia](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file) and then picked the
pieces I think make sense and have use for myself.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Finagle's Fourth Law:
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes it
worse.