[Haskell-cafe] haskell-src-exts maintenance

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:50:52 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:
> On 01/07/15 09:54, Christian Marie wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 01:13:54PM +0100, Matthew Pickering wrote:
>>> There are a large number of untriaged pull requests and issues
>>> currently open on the issue tracker for haskell-src-exts. The tool is
>>> widely used by tool writers but the last commit to the project is now
>>> over 6 months ago.
>>
>> I was about to post this exact message after searching around for a good hour.
>>
>>> 1. Does anyone know if Niklas or Peter plan to return to the project?
>>
>> I didn't contact them directly. I'm not so sure if Nicklas is active at all.
>>
>>> 2. Is there anyone else who is interested in updating the HSE parser?
>>
>> Yes, I've got at least one fix I'd like to make myself and I'd be happy to do
>> some triaging and releasing too. Most of the PRs look pretty good.
>>
>> Roman Cheplyaka is a maintainer on hackage, hopefully he sees and knows
>> something aobut this.
>>
>> I'll email some people in the haskell suite group directly if this thread
>> doesn't go anywhere.
>
> I no longer maintain haskell-src-exts[1]. That said, I am happy to give
> maintainer rights on github and hackage to a new volunteer(s) unless Niklas or
> Peter (cc'd) objects. Just let me know your github and hackage usernames.

I also have commit rights on github, and although I don't have enough
free time to be official maintainer, I could merge the occasional pull
request when I have some free time. I have not done so since I'm not
the maintainer and I was added to the haskell-suite project for other
packages, but if people would like me to be slightly more involved in
haskell-src-exts, I could do that.

Regards,

Erik