[Haskell-cafe] haskell-src-exts maintenance

Christian Marie christian at ponies.io
Wed Jul 1 06:54:52 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 01:13:54PM +0100, Matthew Pickering wrote:
> There are a large number of untriaged pull requests and issues
> currently open on the issue tracker for haskell-src-exts. The tool is
> widely used by tool writers but the last commit to the project is now
> over 6 months ago.

I was about to post this exact message after searching around for a good hour.

> 1. Does anyone know if Niklas or Peter plan to return to the project?

I didn't contact them directly. I'm not so sure if Nicklas is active at all.

> 2. Is there anyone else who is interested in updating the HSE parser?

Yes, I've got at least one fix I'd like to make myself and I'd be happy to do
some triaging and releasing too. Most of the PRs look pretty good.

Roman Cheplyaka is a maintainer on hackage, hopefully he sees and knows
something aobut this.

I'll email some people in the haskell suite group directly if this thread
doesn't go anywhere.