[Haskell-cafe] How to force James Cook (author of dependent-map) evaluation?

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Wed Jan 28 09:06:50 UTC 2015

Alexey Uimanov <s9gf4ult <at> gmail.com> writes:

>  Hello people. There is a pull request
> https://github.com/mokus0/dependent-map/pull/2 which I need to be on
> hackage. I have sent a email to mokus <at> deepbondi.net but nothing
> happened.  Does anyone can contact with James and tell him about my
> problem?

Hi Alexey,

I have sporadically communicated with James in the past about
random-fu. He is very busy (aren't we all) and he was happy for me
take on maintainership of the package. I would suggest you send him an
email offering to take on maintainership of dependent-map. He can then
give you update access to the git repo and to hackage.

If he doesn't respond (but I expect he will) then there is a process
for taking on maintainership of a package where the author has
disappeared. I think you email the libraries mailing list saying that
is what you propose to do unless you hear from the author in say 2
weeks (just in case they are on holiday). Someone will then grant you
access to hackage but you will have to fork the existing repo.

HTH, Dominic.