[Haskell-cafe] Wrapping a C++ library

Alexey Shmalko rasen.dubi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:49:39 UTC 2015

Arjun,

I'm not an expert in writing Haskell binding but pretty much experienced in
C/low-level stuff.

You shouldn't force compilation of .c files with g++. Instead, you should
keep your wrapping functions as extern "C" and place their implementation
in .cpp file (which of course should be compiled with g++). Don't forget to
link to C++ runtime library (-lstdc++).

There is also a wiki page[1] that describes how to call C++ from Haskell.

Best regards,
Alexey

[1]: https://wiki.haskell.org/CPlusPlusFromHaskell