[Haskell-cafe] Unacceptable argument type in foreign declaration: Ptr ()

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Fri Jan 23 07:59:01 UTC 2015

L.S.,

I am trying to compile a package that hasn't been updated since 2009 and I
get a lot of messages like:
     Unacceptable argument type in foreign declaration: Ptr ()
     When checking declaration:
       foreign import stdcall safe "dynamic"
prim_System_Win32_Com_Automation_TypeLib_setGuid
         :: Ptr () -> Ptr () -> Ptr GUID -> IO Int32

How can I correct this?

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--