[Haskell-cafe] enable-executable-profiling failing with cabal 1.22

Michael Jones mike at proclivis.com
Sun Jan 18 01:17:41 UTC 2015

Using cabal 1.22 for some reason does not like —enable-executable-profiling. I am working on a rebuilt machine that had 1.18 from the distribution, with 1.22 installed afterwards. I found a little info on people having this problem, but I failed to fix the problem.

Note than the library profiling option is accepted. Only the executable fails.

Is there any know way to start with platform 2014 with GHC 7.8.3 and install cabal 1.22 and can use this option?