[Haskell-cafe] Code-completion problem with emacs, ghc-mod and auto-complete

Илья Бирюков iu.biryukov at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 13:19:49 UTC 2015

Hi, Cafe!

I'm struggling to configure my emacs for haskell development with ghc-mod
and auto-complete. It works well for the most part, but I've run into the
issue when completing qualified names. In the following example I don't get
any completion after BS:

        module Playground where

        import qualified Data.ByteString.Lazy as BL

        doWork :: BL.By -- no completion after dot

Completion for unqualified names and module name in imports works just fine.
Maybe someone has run into this issue before?

My .emacs:
(ac-config-default)
(auto-complete-mode t)

(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-indentation)

(autoload 'ghc-init "ghc" nil t)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook (lambda () (ghc-init)))

(defun my-ac-haskell-mode ()
  (setq ac-sources (append ac-sources '(ac-source-ghc-mod))))

(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'my-ac-haskell-mode)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-doc-mode)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-indent)

(ac-define-source ghc-mod
  '((depends ghc)
    (candidates . ghc-select-completion-symbol)
    (symbol . "s")
    (cache)))

--
Regards, Ilya Biryukov.