[Haskell-cafe] working my way through Data.Type.Equality...my head hurts...

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Tue Jan 13 13:33:25 UTC 2015

> the 1st link is a bit challenging...
You may want to read 3rd chapter of Okasaki's "Purely Functional Data Structures" - it describes
weight-biased lefitsh heaps without any type-level magic.

> the 2nd I can probably cope with for the moment, though I may be asking questions.
As you probably noticed this is based on paper "Why Dependent Types Matter", so you should
probably read the paper and follow the code.

> If you have any beginner level tutorial, then that’s even better..
I personally learned all these things in Agda. It's a bit easier because it's a fully-fledged
dependently-typed language and things are just easier to write. Only then I moved to Haskell.

Janek