[Haskell-cafe] --disable-{executable-}profiling cabal-install-1.22.0.0 with ghc-7.6.3

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:20:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Ozgur Akgun <ozgurakgun at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 January 2015 at 13:00, Erik Hesselink <hesselink at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've had this problem as well. I think the issue is that 'cabal' now
>> expects '--disable-profiling', but if you have a custom Setup.hs, it
>> can be compiled with an older version of the Cabal library, and then
>> it expects '--disable-executable-profiling' again. What is the output
>> of 'ghc-pkg list Cabal'?
>
> I have 3 versions of Cabal as reported by "ghc-pkg list Cabal".
> Cabal-1.16.0 in the global package db, Cabal-1.18.1 and Cabal-1.20.0.0 in
> the user db.
> Do you think I should be hiding the old ones?

I think you need to install Cabal-1.22 at least, if you want
cabal-install 1.22 to work with these flags. That's my suspicion, at
least, I haven't thoroughly tested this. If you have 1.22, I think
cabal-install will just use that, since it's the newest. If it
doesn't, you can try hiding the older ones.

Erik