[Haskell-cafe] Deploying Scotty App to AWS

Stephen Portanova sportano at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 02:02:30 UTC 2015

I'm having trouble running my Scotty binary on amazon web services...

I'm using Ubuntu 15.04, this gist (https://gist.github.com/yantonov/10083524)
to install the haskell platform dependencies, and then I do a git pull to
my repo and build my binary.

Everything compiles, but when I do ./cabal-sandbox/bin/app or

./dist/build/app/app, nothing happens. No error messages or anything - the
terminal just goes to the next line and hangs (on my Mac development
machine the server starts up fine and prints a startup message).

Any ideas or experience with deploying Scotty / Haskell apps would be
really appreciated, thanks!

- Stephen