[Haskell-cafe] The amount of CPP we have to use is getting out of hand

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:17:13 UTC 2015

It is not my experience that encouraging stagnation in library APIs
will either reduce CPP or improve the community.

My project modules using CPP:

0/12
0/6
3/9    - Changes to base/tagged, conditionally including expensive
code needed by few users
10/116  - gmp arch specific issues, RecursiveDo vs DoRec,
bitSizeMaybe, debug trace
0/7
4/5 - Platform specific code selection
0/1
0/7
1/4 - Architecture specific unsafeness for performance gains
5/207 - File and line number enhanced error messages
0/1