[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Haskell client for Event Store

Yorick Laupa yo.eight at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 12:24:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'd like to announce my Event Store TCP client. It licensed under BSD3.
You can find the source on Github
<http://github.com/YoEight/eventstore>. Package is available on Hackage
<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/eventstore-0.5.0.0>.

Here's a list of supported features:

  * Single event writes.
  * Batch writes.
  * Transactional writes.
  * Stream deletion.
  * Single event reads.
  * Range reads from regular streams and from $all stream (backward and
    forward).
  * Volatile subscriptions (regular stream and $all).
  * Catch-up subscriptions (regular stream and $all).
  * Authenticated connection.

Will be implemented:

  * Persistent subscriptions.
  * SSL connection.

I originally wrote that library because I need it for a real project. I
only implemented features I need first, so feel free to open a ticket
(or better a pull request) on Github for something you need or a bug
you've experienced. I'll be as fast as I can.

Few notes on the code itself. This implementation uses a Functional
Reactive Programming (FRP) library named Sodium
<https://hackage.haskell.org/package/sodium>. Connection bookkeeping
(operation and subscription management for instance)
was amazingly easy to implement with it.

I only tested that library with EventStore 3.0.1.

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Yorick