[Haskell-cafe] Porting setlocale to Windows

Sven Bartscher sven.bartscher at weltraumschlangen.de
Thu Jan 1 19:45:44 UTC 2015

Greetings,

A while ago I took over the packages setlocale.
I now would like to make it portable to windows, but came across the
problem that LC_MESSAGES isn't defined on mingw.
I thought about these options, for solving this:
 - Not defining LC_MESSAGES, which would mean, every package using
   LC_MESSAGES wouldn't be portable to windows.
 - Defining LC_MESSAGES as some an error, which would basically have
   the same problem as above.

I don't like either of these solutions, but don't know any better.
I would be happy about suggestions.

Regards
Sven