[Haskell-cafe] ordNub

Atze van der Ploeg atzeus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:52:26 UTC 2015

If we do not require that (a <= b) && (a >= b) ==> a == b (where <= is from
the total ordering and == is from the equality relation) then it is
trivial, take
the total ordering forall x y. x <= y that i mentioned earlier.

So the compatiblity with equality (you say field structure) is not besides
the point, in fact
antisymmetry means that the ordering corresponds to the equality relation.

Clear now or did I misunderstand?

Cheers