[Haskell-cafe] hpc - ignore some expressions

Ozgur Akgun ozgurakgun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:19:25 UTC 2015

On 23 February 2015 at 20:02, Dominic Steinitz <dominic at steinitz.org> wrote:

> I think you are right about it being fragile and becoming a big overhead
> in maintenance.  Maybe one could add some sort of annotation to the sources
> for which you wish to check coverage and also modify HPC to handle these?

A simple interface where the user provides a list of function names to be
ignored would be a good start.

Something like:

hpc markup prog.tix --destdir=report
--ignore=fail,error,impossible,undefined

It _could_ also be a good idea to have a way of ignoring literals. Flags
like --ignore-num-literals and --ignore-string-literals could treat all
such literals as covered or ignored.

Maybe I should put this as a feature request to the hpc maintainers.
I am wondering if they maintain an issue tracker or not.

The wiki pages for hpc aren't very helpful...

(Starting from: https://wiki.haskell.org/GHC/HPC)

Ozgur