[Haskell-cafe] quickcheck for compiler testing

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:33:57 UTC 2015

I was wondering the same thing about testing GHC itself. In particular, the
test case for Trac #9964 (a subtle code generator crash) seems like it
could conceivably be small enough for QuickCheck to have come up with.
Although I can see why good properties would be hard to formulate (and
some/many/most important ones are impossible to check in general), "does
not quickly trigger a GHC panic" should be a very easy one.