[Haskell-cafe] HaskBoard?

Vladimir Komendantskiy komendantsky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:50:43 UTC 2015

FriendlyARM modules look very good.

If you are interested in compute performance on a pocket budget, e.g.
for computer vision on this RC plane, you could try 8-core Merrii A80
(http://linux-sunxi.org/Merrii_A80_Optimus_Board) or Pcduino8
(http://www.pcduino.com/pcduino8-beta-available-application/) or
Cubieboard A80. There is some preliminary Linux support.

You could even test-drive Parallel Haskell on those :)

These A80 boards draw 3 Amps of current at 5 Volts which is doable for
a standard LiPo battery. This current draw is considerably less than
that required by the motor anyway. Boards should work from a battery
source regulated by a 5V voltage regulator.

Yet I wonder why do you have a requirement to run code in the
interpreter on an automnomous vehicle? Wouldn't compiled code run more
efficiently and require less resources?

--Vladimir