[Haskell-cafe] HaskBoard?

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Mon Feb 16 09:39:23 UTC 2015

On 02/14/15 05:55 AM, Mike Meyer wrote:
> I asked about running GHCI on something like the Arduino due, and was
> told that there wasn't enough CPU on it for that.
>
> How about getting it running on something like a PyBoard?
> http://www.adafruit.com/products/2390

That's Cortex-M4. Size and weight is really nice but just 1MB of ROM and
192KiB of RAM is not enough to run GHCi. Perhaps you may attempt to try
Hugs but I still think it's more prepared to be run on top of Linux/Unix
than on RTOS -- at least yet.

For such devices really the only option for now is to compile haskell to
bare metal which means Ajhc.

If you insist on GHCi, then search for Cortex-Ax which is able to run
Linux and which fulfill your weight reqs. For example Gumstick or
Variscite makes a lot of nice SOMs, perhaps some of them is applicable
for your app?

Karel