[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: New Haskell.org Homepage Now Live

Christopher Done chrisdone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:30:13 UTC 2015

On 15 February 2015 at 10:28, Henning Thielemann
<lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
> I like the new wiki subdomain which is much more handy than the HaskellWiki
> subdirectory. How can I add events to the table in the future?
> Unfortunately, in my browser the Twitter headlines on the left overlap with
> the Events on the right:
>    https://www.haskell.org/news

That page is generated by: http://haskellnews.org/

But was added mostly as just something to put there. In the original
mockup I intended to put events on the home page:
http://chrisdone.com/comp.png I was thinking we can continue using the
Wiki page that you're used to editing for events and just accessing
that via the MediaWiki API (which someone happily contributed today).

> I would prefer if the links in the Haskell News go to haskell.org/pipermail
> (or mail.haskell.org) and not to googlegroups. The latter one requires
> JavaScript.

Looks like someone might be contributing that.

> I would also prefer if the "click to expand" links on the front page were
> links to separate articles. We preach stateless programming to the rest of
> the programming world and then the homepage content should be preferably
> stateless as well, shouldn't it? Practically I want to send people URLs and
> not explain them a sequence of clicks to tell them what text I am talking
> about.

That was also in my original plan: to have expanded full page versions
of each of the sections, but time is needed.