[Haskell-cafe] Is there a cross platform CA certificate bundle solution for HsOpenSSL?

Marios Titas redneb8888 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 00:31:40 UTC 2015

If I want to use HsOpenSSL for a tls client application that verifies
the server certificate I have to manually specify a CA certificate
bundle containing the trusted roots. For example, in a linux system, I
would do the following

    mkTlsContext :: IO Context
    mkTlsContext = do
        ctx <- context
        contextSetVerificationMode ctx (VerifyPeer True False Nothing)
        contextSetCADirectory ctx "/etc/ssl/certs"
        return ctx

The problem is that the above solution only works for linux. Is there
a cross-platform way to find a reasonable CA bundle and use it with
HsOpenSSL?

Note that the tls package has x509-system [1] that does exactly that.
So I am basically asking if anybody has written something similar for
HsOpenSSL.

[1] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/x509-system