[Haskell-cafe] Cabal: Missing field in record construction configProf

Björn Peemöller bjp at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Feb 9 13:09:37 UTC 2015

Am 09.02.2015 um 14:00 schrieb Henk-Jan van Tuyl:

> L.S.,
>
> I am trying to install a package with the new GHC 7.10 RC 2 (I
> recompiled cabal.exe with it, and now "cabal update" finally works
> again). The install fails, even after renaming the cabal config file:

This is a problem in the version of Cabal that ships with the GHC RC2,
see https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2389 .

I could fix it manually by reinstalling Cabal-1.22.0.0 taken from
Hackage, but as the issue is now fixed reinstalling Cabal-1.22.1.0 from
the GitHub repository should also work, I think.

Regards,
Björn