[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] Haskell Weekly News: Issue 316

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Thu Feb 5 12:28:18 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com>
wrote:

> We really need a successor!  Please, please.

I have offered to continue HWN. If picked, I intend to bring it back to the
informed news source that it was circa early 2000s.

I'm cognizant of the diversification of online hangouts. Whereas it was
plenty enough to curate haskell-cafe way back when, it's no longer enough
to sort through Haskell Reddit and Stack Overflow.

Haskell professionals already know to watch the ghc mailing lists,
especially libraries, ghc-devs, and tickets. There's Google+, which holds
its share of haskellers. But there's a slew of non-haskell.org mailing
lists around real world applications, e.g. purescript/elm, pipes, and
commercial-haskell, that command sizeable sections of the community.

And last but not least, can anyone afford to ignore the Twitter grapevine?

I make no promises to comprehensive coverage.

But I endeavor to build bridges across special interest tectonics.

-- Kim-Ee